Feed Mixing is a process that under external force, all kinds of feed materials are blended and mix together, so that they are distributed evenly in every volume of particles. It is an importabnt process to assure feed products quality. There are 2 types of feed mixers for complete feed pellet line: horizontal ribbon mixer and double-shaft paddle batch mixer.
Horizontal Ribbon Mixer
The outer ribbon spiral pushes the feed material from one end to the other end, and the outer feed material is pushed to the other side and rolled through the extrovert; while the inner screw belt moves the material in the opposite direction, and the inner feed material is pushed to the other side and rolled out from the inside. After repeated many times, the feed is mixed evenly.
- Comparatively low price;
- Brief structure, easy maintenance;
- Requires less power and energy consumption.
- Mixing time is relatively longer;
- Mixing uniformity is comparatively low;
- Not that suitable for adding liquid.
Double-shaft Paddle Batch Mixer
|Motor Power (kw)||5.5||11||18.5||30||45|
|Coefficient of Variation %||≤5||≤5||≤5||≤5||≤5|
The feed material in the mixer is affected by two opposite rotating rotors, and the compound motion is carried out. On the one hand, the blades carry material to rotatr counterclockwisely along the inner wall of the machine slot. On the other hand, the material is turned around and the weightlessness area is formed at the overlap of the two rotors.
- Short mixing time;
- High mixing uniformity;
- Can add all kinds of liquids.
- Comparatively high price;
- Need large power and energy consumption.
Main features of double-shaft paddle batch mixer
- The mixing speed is fast, and the batch mixing time is 45~60s;
- High mixing uniformity, the coefficient of variation is less than 5% CV;
- It is not easy to segregate when the proportion, size and shape divergences of the material are large;
- The maximum amount of liquid added can reach 20%, and the maximum adding amount of oil can reach 10%;
- The power consumption per ton is less than that of the conventional ribbon mixer, which is about 60% lower than that of the conventional ribbon mixer;
- Large opening type discharge door with fast discharge (5S) and no residue;
- A wide range of applications.