Introduction to pig feed pelletsThough making pig feed pellets can be costly, the benefits far outweigh the cost. One of the benefits of making pig feed pellets is that it makes it easier to be able to handle pig feed and of course reduce wastage. As well, pig feed pellets greatly increase the nutrient digestibility. The reason being that the heat involved during the process of manufacturing pig feed pellet is able to break down carbohydrate bonds.This makes them become more digestible by pigs. Of course for you to make the feed pellets, you will require the right pig feed pellet machine.
Ingredients for making pig feedFor a Pig feed pellet machine to be able to make the feed pellets, there are various ingredients required and they include:
- Cereals - Sources include sorghum, rice bran, millet, and corn;
- Proteins and fat - Sources include fishmeal, bone meal, rapeseed cake, soybean meal, and cottonseed cake;
- Additives - Including sweeteners, spices, vitamins, mineral elements, molasses, and fat.
How to make pig feed pelletsIt is important to note that the type and quantity of nutrient requirements required by pigs differ from one stage of growth to another. It is important therefore that you combine the right proportion of the ingredients or raw materials. It is important that when you buy a pig feed pellet machine that you are also supplied with pig feed pellet formulas.That is according to the various stages of pig growth. Consequently, here are the steps involved in regards to how to make pig feed pellets.
- Moisture content: Ensure that the moisture content of the raw materials for feed pellets is between 10%-12% after conditioning. A moisture content of between 16%-17 % is also just okay. The thing is that how dryer or wetter the raw materials are will have an effect on the finished pellets quality. You can dry the raw materials naturally in the sun or you can employ the use of a drier.
- Crushing of raw materials: You must crush the raw materials before you can start making pig feed pellet. That is important because if the sizes of the raw materials are relatively bigger then pressing them into pellets may not be easy.lf you can manage to crush the raw materials into the finest powder or size then the better. This will make the pelletizing rate and the final quality of the finished pellets to be better.
- Feeding the raw materials through the feeder into the Pig feed pellet machine. By doing that, the raw materials will be compressed to die's columned holes and subsequently discharged from the pig feed pellet machine.
- Cooling and storage: After processing of the pig feed pellets, they are often soft and hot. A cooling machine will help in taking away both the heat and moisture on the pig feed pellets surface. The result is dry and hard pellets that you can package for storage. This is generally how to make pig feed pellets.
Choose a proper pig feed pellet machine
Seeing the importance of machine for making pig feed pellets, it is important that the one you buy is proper for your use. There are a number of factors to consider. For example,some pellet machines can only process raw materials that are dry and therefore you will be disadvantaged if you wanted some moisturized raw materials included in the making of the pellets. Furthermore, the pellet machine must have die and rollers that are of high quality as that will guarantee quality pellets. Additionally, it is important that you choose a pellet machine that is easy to use and has spare parts readily available.
ABC Machinery, as a reknowned feed pellet machine manufacturer, have years of experience in making animal feed pellet plant solutions for different types of clients. If you are looking for pig feed processing machines, just feel free to leave us a message below.